Monday, April 9, 2012

Agua De Fresas


This last weekend I went to the San Jose Flea Market and it was wonderful!

I've got two other huge flea markets closer to my house, but they tend to be a little... seedy. I guess. Growing up in my neighborhood, getting all the hoots and hollers and whistles kind of comes with the territory, but every time I go to the flea market by myself, even if I have another man with me, I get followed around kind of creepily.

So, I really preferred this one! It was in a really nice area, the people were so much sweeter, and everyone was so friendly and made great deals! I got away with a steal of a bunch of pretty nail polish colors for only five dollars, where they are normally six dollars a piece in the store. It was the best deal of the day!

That is until we found the fresh fruit stands!

There was one stand in particular that my auntie made my brother and I check out. It was covered in fruit cups and huge jugs of flavored fruit water. My aunt got a big cup of fresh fruit, put lime and chili powder on it, and it was delicious! But for me, I was dying from the heat and needed a drink.

That's when I discovered this delicious Mexican drink called Strawberry water! It was exactly what I needed on such a hot day.

So I just had to share it with all of you!

What You'll Need

4 cups strawberries, sliced
1 cup white sugar
8 cups cold water
1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
8 fresh mint sprigs

 In a medium bowl, mix together your sliced strawberries, sugar, and 1 cup of water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
After the four hours, pour it all into a blender. Blend on high until everything looks smooth. Pour the blended mixture through a mesh strainer. Now make sure you discard the pulp and seeds!

Almost done!

Just add the last seven cups of cold water to the puree and mix it all up. Chill for a couple of hours, or pour over ice. Garnish the drink with the lime slices or mint sprigs!

And if you're fancy like me, you can drink it straight out of a rustic little mason jar!


Thank you flea market! 


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I think I will make this one time! :) and thanks for follow me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've very welcome! And trust me, it's totally worth the time it takes to make this. Yummiest drink ever!

      Delete