Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DIY: Get Toasty With Warm Brown Sugar Coffee Body Scrub

Another of my obsessions is beauty products. I think that web comic Jenna Marbles said it best, when she explained how when we hit that age that we stumble upon how to make face masks in magazines, and soaps from diy tv programs- our minds were just kind of blown.

Concocting little beauty remedies has been a passion of mine, ever since I came upon my first few recipes. I just love to take care of myself, love to smell good, and love the way it feels to spend that little bit of extra time to pamper myself before bed or after a long school day.

Since it's another rainy spring day here in California, I figured that I ought to share with ya'll some warming, delicious diy projects and recipes.

Brown Sugar and Warm Coffee Body scrub is one of my favorites. It is so cheap and easy and smells so good.

What You'll Need

1 cup ground coffee
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cane sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
¾ cup almond oil
Jars to put the scrub in (I used tiny mason jars and gave them away as gifts)

In a bowl, mix in all of the dry ingredients, making sure that you get out all of the clumps. When everything is nice and smooth, just pour in your almond oil and continue to stir until everything has been evenly coated and is nice and moist.

When you're finished, separate into jars.

To use, rub into skin in the shower and let it soak into your skin for about three to five minutes. Not only will it make you smell fantastic, but it will help tighten your skin as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment