Thursday, April 12, 2012

Healthy Breakfasts for Healthy Girls

My worst problem as a new vegetarian, is getting my protein. I find myself eating a lot of starches and a lot of pasta, but there's really nothing too substantial in my diet. So I'm trying to remedy it, by adding more nuts to my diet. Walnuts, Hazelnuts, Almonds... Well pretty much anything that has protein, that I can use to break up the monotony of veggies and a boca burger patty.

Eating healthy is a huge challenge for me. I never had a thick body type growing up, but after college set in, I guess my metabolism decided to collapse. Eating John's Dollar Scoop and Fast food every night, caught up to me, and now I'm boasting a little too much pudge in the pant line. Now don't get me wrong, thick women and thin women are all beautiful, if they're at a healthy weight for their height and frame. I'm just at an unhealthy weight, and not eating well, so it's been a challenge to fix it.

But a yummy bowl of fruit and Kellogs whole wheat cereal in the morning is a tasty healthy alternative... for Captain Crunch and Count Chocula. Now I just do a thin layer of cereal, under as much fruit and nuts I can pack into my bowl. Fresh and good, and filling! Just thinking about it, makes me feel healthier.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it makes you feel any better but I think everyone that transitions to vegetarianism starts out eating tons of carbs. I did the same thing and I did it for years...I've been veggie for over 2 years now and I'm finally getting the protein/carb/fat/nutrients mix down now so if you want any suggestions or help feel free to e-mail me! alittlesliceofspecial@gmail.com Xo Lori

    Oh and PS your blog is flipping adorable, I loooove your header!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw why thank you so much for the cheering up!
      Yes, it's been such a pain in the butt, because even after cutting out fast food, and any drinks save for water, I've been gaining weight rather than leaning up. I've attributed it to the carbs, and my constant obsessive baking. Haha. I've got quite a sweet tooth.

      Thanks! The art work is from OhMyCavalier, my favorite artist. Be sure to check out her stuff!

      Delete