Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet Spring Meadows


Accustomed to calm aspects of life, she turned, on the contrary, to those of excitement. She loved the sea only for the sake of its storms, and the green fields only when broken up by ruins. She wanted to get some personal profit out of things, and she rejected as useless all that did not contribute to the immediate desires of her heart, being of a temperament more sentimental than artistic, looking for emotions, not landscapes.

-Madame Bovary

I love this quote.

I just stumbled upon it a moment ago, but it was so perfect that I had to share it with you.

It speaks volumes about strengths and weaknesses. It talks about compulsion, motivation, and flaws. I've always been the kind of girl who is driven by emotions. I'm highly sentimental, associative, and tend to be selfish about things

This outfit post is a year old.

I felt that it was fitting though, since I haven't posted one in a while, and the weather outside is a little gloomy.
It's a little crazy to think of where I was at this time last year. I was dating a boy I didn't love, I was feeling uninspired, lost, and longing after a previous love interest. I was emotional all the time, self destructive, and never convincingly happy.

 I was wandering- directionless, and all I wanted was for someone to notice how terrible I felt and tell me everything was going to be okay.

Well it wasn't. Things got worse. There was a lot of death, a lot of heartbreak, and bad situations that followed in the next few months.

But then, months later- there came a silver lighting through it all. I began attending a small group, got back into church, and gave my life to God in the summer time. Even though things didn't get better right away, and my behavior didn't change over night, and I still struggled with pettiness, self importance, and paranoia- God slowly began to chip away at me.

I'm still no where near perfect, and I never will be. But because of God, now I can smile convincingly.


Now I feel like I have something I can smile about.

Looking back at this time in my life, I feel really blessed that all of the trials and hardships brought me close to God.

Now I can go out on beautiful spring days and enjoy the hills for their beauty, not sulk in sadness.

I'm wearing in these photos, a beautiful lace front, button down floral dress, lace tights, oxfords, and vintage inspired earrings.

You can purchase the dress I'm wearing here on my etsy, as I've got it up for sale.

I hope you find something wonderful to smile for this spring too.

No comments:

Post a Comment