Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rock and Worship Road Show

I just had to share a couple of photos from my latest spur the moment outing. I'm not sure why, but this year has been packed with exciting, random trips all over the place. I'm starting to get pretty far behind, keeping everything updated... but I'm doing my best.

The beautiful lady on the left is Vanessa, and every so often she comes back to Cali from New Jersey to visit all of us. I met her just under a year ago, right after I became a Christian, and she is probably the most welcoming and genuine person I've met since then.

She came to visit around a month ago, and so our friend Chris, took the two of us up to Sac to see the Rock and Worship Roadshow. We picked up my best friend Tyree, and stood in this monster long line for a really long time, but the wait and long drive were totally worth it.

The entire stadium was entirely filled up. People were sitting behind the stage, to just be in the same room as the music. It wasn't even that packed when I went a few months back to see Taylor Swift.

It was just absolutely magical. Hundred and hundreds of people all gathering to worship God with these awesome big name bands. The show was first come first serve, and all tickets were only ten dollars. Because of that, we were super blessed to be able to make a run for the seats closest to the stage. I'm not really sure what you would call them... so I guess in theatre terms, we found some seats in the orchestra pit. I couldn't believe we were able to snatch them, when the place was so chalk full.

The bands that played were Tenth Avenue North, Mercy Me, Lecrae, Hawk Nelson and a bunch of others. I'd have to say that I was most excited to see Tenth Avenue North, because I connect to their songs the most.

But despite the fun drive, the fellowship, and the overwhelming performances of famous people and vast crowd- the thing that got me the most was that all of those people had gathered together for God.

I mean, there's really nothing like us crazy Christians, if you really think about it. We come together every few days, and on occasion at huge concerts, not just for the fun and music, but to just sing together and worship. To give God the glory that He deserves.

It goes beyond the music. Beyond who's watching, and beyond the style, the flashiness, the dancing and stunts. It is so much bigger than all that.

It was just crazy being surrounded by a stadium full of people raising their voices to God and knowing that the people who were all around me, were all from different backgrounds, places, races, means, and yet these were people that I'd see again one day.

Ah, it gives me the chills just thinking about it. God is so great. It was a great spiritual high.





No comments:

Post a Comment