Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gooey Butter Cake Recipe


Well ladies, I apologize for my brief status of MIA over the course of the past couple of weeks. I've just been swamped by finals and starting both of my jobs, and dealing with unfortunate boy issues. Now that everything is finally starting to settle down, I am happy to be back!

And what better way to come back, then by sharing this amazing recipe with all of you!

I had never heard of butter cake until a couple of weeks ago, at the gym. Anyone else find that slightly ironic?

A member came in and brought me a big ol' slice of it, and I think I about died it was so delicious. She was also very gracious and decided to share her recipe with me, so of course I have to share it with you lovely ladies.

What You'll Need

  • 1 package of yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 package of cream cheese
  • 4 cups confectioners sugar


  • Start by preheating your oven to 350. Now mix your cake mix, melted butter, one teaspoon of vanilla, and 2 eggs with a spoon. Once everything is all mixed together, pat it all down into a 9 by 13 pan.

    Grab your electric mixer, and go ahead and take your cream cheese, remaining two eggs and vanilla, and slowly beat in the confectioners sugar. Pour this over the top of your cake mix.

    After, just bake for about fourty minutes and you have this delicious, (pretty fattening but very worth it) treat!

    Seriously, this is my new obsession, I cannot get over how amazing this tastes, and I am constantly baking it now, just because I am so in love with it. So beware! This is addicting!

    -Desi


    4 comments:

    1. This sure looks delicious!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh my, this sound too good! I will definitely have to try.

      ReplyDelete
    3. looks so delicious..nyumiii !! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Yum! Looks so good! I can't wait to try it!

      Elyse
      shortandsweetelyse.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete