Friday, February 10, 2012

Potter Party


This Tuesday I hosted a Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Viewing Party. I know it's a little bit late, but I grew up in a very strict Christian home, and my parents were against me reading anything to do with witch craft and wizardry, until I was old enough to discern right from wrong. By the time I reached the appropriate age, I no longer had any real interest in the series.

I got into the books finally this year (My second year of college), because I was looking for something fun to read in spare moments. Needless to say I fell in love instantly, like so many others before me.

So I figured, why not host a party. It was a great excuse to get together with friends and put my baking skills to the test. Above you can see some of the treats that me and my girlfriend Angela made. We have golden snitch cupcakes, cauldron cakes, Bert's Every Flavored beans, Blast ended Skrewt Dirt Pudding, and Peanut butter chocolate wands. If you look to the right, you can even see a mug of Butter Beer that I made- which was super tasty. I'm going to make more tonight just for a toasty evening drink.


I went a little crazy decorating the living room for the party. Ange and I set up these big black starry curtains to separate the room from the rest of the house, put out the Harry Potter Books, and made sure that everything was lit up by candles instead of artificial light. We wanted it to look like a big old Hogwarts tent. We even hung streamers from the ceiling that represented all of the house colors. The house looked really really cool in the end.


Of course everyone had to dress up! It was absolutely mandatory! So everyone came themed. My beautiful best friend Becky was Bellatrix Lestrange, and I rocked my random wardrobe pieces as a random Hogwarts student.

It was fun just getting to dress up for a change. I didn't really go all out this Halloween, so having two costumes sort of made up for everything!

The movies were really really great too. It was just a super night!

No comments:

Post a Comment