Friday, February 10, 2012

Little Nicks and Little Nacks


A couple of weekends ago I got to spend a lovely day on Treasure Island at a Vintage/Indies show. It was so nice to get out of the house and stretch my legs, and go sniffing around for pretty little treasures. I'm a sucker for vintage clothing, and I'm always looking for trinkets to inspire my steam punk jewelry.

I think it was a pretty successful outing. All of the booth owners were so sweet, and a few very graciously offered me invites to their vintage fashion shows. So I may be going to a Vintage clothing runway show coming up in March. Fingers crossed!


Thrifting for me, is one of life's greatest pleasures. There's nothing more fun then finding treasure in another man's trash. However, when you go to big shows, it doesn't really make sense to go all gussied up, or at least not to me. I have a tendency to dig deep into things, and get my clothes all dirty, so I try to stay low key on these particular days. I didn't have time to make an outfit post, but this was my thrifting ensemble.

In retrospect I wish I had worn black skinnies and boots, but I was in a rush to get out of the house before all the good stuff was gone. I feel like bell bottoms are my lazy day pants- only good really for school days. But anyways, I've got on a neck tied sheer blouse, with a vintage 60's child's lace dress (that I wore as a shirt) over it.



This was a really great show and I found a lot of cool things, and got a lot of neat ideas out of different people's projects. My favorites were these old game pieces that had pretty pictures painted on with ice resin. I'll for sure be doing a little DIY project, so ya'll will know how to make these. Super quick and easy.

Also I found this cool booth that had necklaces that were little pieces of maps. I couldn't find any labeled with my favorite places... No Holland.... Hmmm.


All in all I'd say it was a very successful day. I left with a really awesome Steam Punk ring, a steam punk necklace made of a vintage domino with a deer head, and a leopard print skirt from my favorite dealer. I'm at her little area below. I always find things from her. A few years back, I bought this really awesome purple hat with huge looping feathers on it. I can't for the life of me remember her name, but I always find her by her tags. She tags all of her clothing with trading cards.

I can't wait to come back to this show again. There's a lot of history on Treasure Island and it's great that there's still shows going in the old trade building!



No comments:

Post a Comment